Friday, July 29, 2011

Wuthering Heights #4

Most novels always have a hero in their story. When reading Wuthering Heights, there really was not a hero that I noticed. Also, the protagonist of the story is usually the hero of the story. Heathcliff is the protagonist of this story, but he does not really show any heroic characteristics. Although, he is the most heroic character in this novel. So I guess if I had to I would choose him to be the hero. As for his traits, the two that stood out to me were revengeful and miserable. He is always seeking revenge. For example, on Edgar Linton for marrying the girl of his dreams. Then he is also miserable because he did not get to marry Catherine. The only accomplishment that Heathcliff accomplished would probably be getting his revenge. The only thing that I think Heathcliff represents as a hero would be revenge, since he is so keen on seeking it. He also seems evil because he is so cruel to many people. This never would have happened if he would not have gotten his heart broken. But because it did, it made him the man he was. Even though Heathcliff was not much of a hero, he might have made a good villain.

No comments:

Post a Comment